The First 1000 Days, How Maternal & and Early Dietary & Environmental Exposures Shape the Developing Immune, Neuro & Endocrine/Metabolic Systems: Opportunities & Outcomes–An important discussion on what you need to know about your child’s developing microbiome and how diet impacts their overall development and health-span for a lifetime.
Geri Brewster, RD, MPH, CDN, will discuss with AutismOne assistant Alyson Witherspoon, the most critical topics that families with autism want to know. Connecting the dots for a broader understanding of a complex topic that addresses the significant question: How did we get here? Geri & Alyson welcome Dr James Adams for this broad and robust conversation.
This conversation will touch on environmental toxins, dietary components, development of the microbiome and its significant role in cellular function and mitochondrial optimization across all biological systems and function. Exogenous compounds and various endogenous metabolites that influence physical function, cognition, and behavior will be discussed as part of this dynamic discussion.
Question examples include:
- What are examples of critical windows of opportunity for microbiome and IgA optimization in early infant development?
- How does the microbiome influence mitochondrial function?
- What do you need to think about when planning yours and your family’s intake throughout the lifecycle?
- What are the mechanisms of action between thegut, the immune system and the brain?
- How can diet exacerbate food sensitivities, auto-immune triggers, and behaviors based on the complexity of food, even foods considered “healthy”?
- How do “special diets” work to support gut health and benefit body systems as a whole and influence genetic expression?